Tuesday, 26 April 2016

Work Placement - Foamy Media

Foamy Media - Placement Review

During my first year at university I was required to undertake a 70 hour work placement which I managed to complete at a local website design company called Foamy Media. Not only did they specialise in website design, but they also had expertise in graphics and search engine optimisation. This presented a really good opportunity for me, to enrich my media knowledge with areas that I hadn't (up until now) got the chance to explore.

I found the experience itself extremely rewarding, both in terms of the knowledge I gained during my time there to the experience I now have working in an active media environment. Not only did I get a taste of website and graphic design during my time their but I have also gained other crucial skills such as critical writing (when reviewing their latest app) and  SEO. On top of all of this, I even found an enhancement in my Photoshop skills, something which I thought I was proficient in to begin with. The experience I had at Foamy Media was both rewarding and enjoyable and I would be happy to return. Me and the owner (Stuart) have stayed in touch and I have made arrangements to go back for more work experience once my university and working commitments lessen.

Ultimately, this placement provided me with an understanding of website and graphic design along with giving me a taste of an actual working media environment. I now hope that I can take what I have learned here and use it to further myself as a media professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment